Scientific activity was and remains the basis of qualitative training of highly skilled specialists at postgraduate stages of studying, solving of the actual tasks of medical theory and practice, identification and recognition of DNMU of M. Gorky scientific community in the territory of our country and beyond.
The main scientific directions of the University's activities are:
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Improvement of complex diagnostics and treatment of cancer diseases in adults and children taking into account regional factors.
- Minimally invasive intervention in surgical pathology in children and adults.
- Complex diagnostics, treatment and prevention of lesions of hard tooth tissues.
- Optimization of prophylaxis, diagnostics and complex treatment of surgical pathology in children with congenital malformations associated with various somatic and infectious diseases.
- Development and introduction of effective methods and means of specialized traumatological assistance to the victims with lesions of various localization, prevention, diagnostics and correction of metabolic disorders in traumas of the musculoskeletal system
Within the framework of the indicated scientific directions, 5 research works are performed annually at the expense of the general fund of the state budget and 5 initiatory (search) research projects.
In the performance of research work involved 263 doctors of sciences, 904 candidates of sciences, including 301 professors, 506 assistant professors.
There are 7 academicians of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 6 Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 9 Honored Scientists and Technicians of Ukraine; 5 laureates of the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology.